Tuesday 28 February 2012

Sketching Symposium - I'm Off to Santo Domingo!



Remember how giddy I was when I got back from the 2011 Urban Sketcher's Symposium in Lisbon? Well, when they announced a couple of weeks ago that the next one was to be hosted by the Dominican Republic, I sighed and thought that, after the extravagance of India, I'd have to pass this time round. 


But not so, as I have been supremely lucky...



Lots of the Urban Sketchers international correspondents, including me, submitted workshop ideas for possible inclusion in the 2012 symposium. Last week, I had the really exciting news that mine has been chosen. 
Which means that, come July, I get to go to Santo Domingo to lead the sessionMy workshop idea is called 'Quick on the Draw' and will feature tips and techniques for speed-sketching.

Only limited details have been announced so far, but the dates of the symposium are 12th - 14th July. I
f you are interested to find out more, you can register for email updates on the sidebar of the symposium announcement.

Yahoo!

10 comments:

Donna Jeanne Koepp said...

How fun for you. Congratulations!! I enjoy your blog so much and just had to comment. I'm sure it will be a great session.

Inma Serrano said...

Yess Lynne, I´ll be there too teaching in a workshop... Ready to the Caribbean? ;D

Orling Dominguez said...

Santo Domingo is getting ready to receive such powerful artist like you, Lynne, and Inma.... I can't wait, too excited!!!!!

Lisa Thompson said...

Fabulous news! Congratulations. What fun it will be.

Judith Dollar said...

Yay! See you there.

Lynne the Pencil said...

Can't wait! Looking forward to seeing you all again x

ANAIS G. BURGOS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ANAIS G. BURGOS said...

You are so lucky!!!!! You and workshop attendees ;-D

Liz Steel said...

yay!!!!!!!! I am so excited! I would love to be able to do your workshop...but hope that at least we will be able to sketch together at some stage!!!!

Lynne the Pencil said...

Likewise - love the sound of your one Liz!