Monday 3 December 2012

Watercolour Pencils: Drawing the Sky...


As I mentioned last week, I have got really into sketching the changing skies out of my train window. Here are a few more, which I did last week on my way to and from Nottingham: 


I am back on the same train again today, so will hopefully catch another sunset and sunrise, and maybe even a storm like the one below: 


I am really attracted to the transitory nature of the colours and shapes: I love the idea of having just a minute or two to capture what I can before it's all changed, or disappeared behind an embankment, or both. 


The watercolour pencils have proved a perfect tool for such incredibly speedy impressions, especially in the tricky set-up of being on a train with limited space. Thank you Derwent for introducing me to them!

No comments: