Saturday 21 May 2011

How I Met Noah and Toured His Ark...


Yesterday afternoon, all the artwork went off to the Salford Gallery ready for my illustration exhibiton. I can't believe it's come round so soon.


As well as the 9 new mounts, added since the Tameside show (mostly from my two most recent publications Dragon's Dinner and Bears on the Stairs), I am also adding a few other items, for display in glass cases.

In with John's big package of artwork above, were 3 sketchbooks (one with the research sketches for Lark in the Ark, done during a day at a boat yard on the Manchester Ship Canal, where I met my 'Noah'), a series of roughs from Bears on the Stairs and one of my favourite, very sharp, 3B pencils. 

I have also sent the gallery a DVD of the Open College videos made last year, which we will be showing on a loop.

The show opens in July. Don't worry though - there's no way I'm going to let you forget!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

That has to be so exciting! I wish I lived close and could see it!

Lydia Monks said...

Glad to see your Oompa Loompa is working hard! x